This is Galaxy S2 FAQ that will help you root your phone, backup/install ROMs, backup/install apps, and more.
If you don’t know what rooting means, please watch this video first:
Don’t know what is a custom ROM? See What is An Android Custom ROM.
For AT&T Galaxy S2, please see AT&T Galaxy S2 FAQ, this is only for international/original Galaxy S2.
- How to Root Galaxy S2 on Jelly Bean! – If you have Android 4.1.1 or 4.1.2, follow this root method to root your Galaxy S2 GT-i9100.
- How to Root Galaxy S2 on ICS! -You will need to root your Galaxy S2 before trying to install new ROMs on ICS Android 4.0.X.
- How to Root Galaxy S2 Gingerbread! – Method 1 - You will need to root your Galaxy S2 before trying to install new ROMs on Gingerbread 2.3.X.
- How to Root Galaxy S2 ICS or Gingerbread! – Method 2 - [Easiest Method!]
- How to Root Galaxy S2 Gingerbread! – [1-Click Script Method]
- How to Install New ROM on Galaxy S2! – This shows you how to use ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) to install new ROM on your Galaxy S2!
- How to Install Kernel on Galaxy S2! – This shows you how to install kernels on your Galaxy S2.
- How to Dual-Boot ROMs on Galaxy S2! – This shows you how to dual-boot two different ROMs.
- How to Backup/Restore ROM on Galaxy S2! – This shows you how to backup/restore ROMs on your Galaxy S2. It’s highly recommended you do at least one backup after rooting and before installing any new ROMs.
- How to Backup/Restore Apps on Galaxy S2! – This shows you how to backup/restore apps on your Galaxy S2. It’s highly recommended you do at least one backup of all your apps after rooting and before installing any new ROMs so you can restore your apps back easily whenever needed.
- How to Unroot Galaxy S2 i9100! – You can unroot/unbrick your Galaxy S2 i9100 back to completely stock ICS.
- How to Unroot Galaxy S2 i9100 to Gingerbread! – You can unroot/unbrick your Galaxy S2 i9100 back to completely stock Gingerbread.
- How to Install Flash Player on ICS or Jelly Bean! – Need flash player? Just do this!
- How to Get Rid of Yellow Triangle with Triangle Away app! - Want to reset your binary counter? Get rid of yellow triangle at boot? See this.
- How to Disassemble/assemble Galaxy S2! - Need to fix hardware on your Galaxy S2? See how to disassemble and re-assemble your phone here.
HighOnAndroid Google+ Community <--- If you like this post, please join HighOnAndroid Google+ Community Here, thx!
GalaxyS2Root Facebook Page <--- If you like this post, please Like Our Facebook Page Here, thx!Need Help? Follow/add me on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
Want to stay updated on latest Galaxy S2 Root news?
Sign up for our Galaxy S2 Root Newsletter here so you don't miss a single tip and get personal help via e-mail! Galaxy S2 Reference
You will need a rooted Galaxy S2 to install all ROM/kernels.
NOTE: PLEASE ONLY INSTALL ROMS INTENDED FOR YOUR VERSION OF Galaxy S2! Otherwise you WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE and I will not be responsible!
First time to rooting and custom ROMs?
Please see our FAQ for your Galaxy S2 model FIRST!!!:
Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 FAQ
Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 (AT&T) FAQ
Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 (T-mobile) FAQ
Galaxy S2 SPH-D710 (Sprint) FAQ
Galaxy S2 ROMs
Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 ROMs
Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 AT&T ROMs
Galaxy S2 SGH-T9989 T-Mobile ROMs
Galaxy S2 SPH-D710 Sprint ROMs