For this week’s Galaxy S2 ROM of the Week, check out Ehndroix ROM.
Based on latest Android 4.4.4 CM11, Ehndroix ROM aims to bring you fluid CM11 experience with additional customization features along with custom SMS and Music app.
Inside you will find a fully-customizable SMS app where you will be able to fully tweak the colors and features of your SMS messages such as automatically making your longer SMS into MMS. For music, you will find a wonderfully-modded music app that’s going to give you better experience when listening to music over regular CM11 ROM.
Ehndroix ROM also comes with its own theme-out UI along with goodies like Heads Up notifications, Home switcher, Quick Access Ribbons (ICS style quick toggles), and some extra tweaks. Overall, Ehndroix ROM is another good custom ROM that adds onto CM11 ROM so definitely give this guy a try this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download Ehndroix ROM for Galaxy S2 (For GT-i9100 or SGH-i777)
Download Shift kernel for SGH-i777 (You need to install this kernel ONLY if you have SGH-i777)
For installation, please follow How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat ROM on Galaxy S2!
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop, reboot into recovery, go to Advanced Wipe for TWRP or Mounts & Storage for CWM, format/wipe /system, then re-install ROM.)
For SGH-i777 users, make sure you also install Shift kernel after install ROM and Gapps!!!
- Want latest Android L Preview Keyboard? See How to Install Android L Preview Keyboard on rooted Android!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.