This is T-Mobile Galaxy S2 FAQ that will help you root your phone, backup/install ROMs, backup/install apps, and more.
If you don’t know what rooting means, please watch this video first:
Don’t know what is a custom ROM? See What is An Android Custom ROM.
- How to Root T-Mobile Galaxy S2 on Jelly Bean, ICS or Gingerbread! – This is the new root method, works on all T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989.
How to Root T-Mobile Galaxy S2!- You will need to root your Galaxy S2 before trying to install new ROMs.
- How to Unroot T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean – This will get you on stock Jelly Bean.
- How to Unroot T-Mobile Galaxy S2 ICS! – This will get you back to stock ICS.
- How to UnRoot T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Gingerbread! – If you ever need to return your phone to T-Mobile perhaps for warranty, here’s how to unroot!
- How to Get Free Wifi Tether on T-Mobile Galaxy S2 (ICS)! - This shows you how to get free wifi tethering on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 without paying for it on ICS.
- How to Get Free Wifi Tether on T-Mobile Galaxy S2 (Gingerbread)! – This shows you how to get free wifi tethering on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 without paying for it on Gingerbread.
- How to Install New ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S2! - This shows you how to use ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) to install new ROM on your Galaxy S2! Please make sure to upgrade your CWM when installing Android 4.4 KitKat ROMs FIRST!
- How to Backup/Restore T-Mobile ROM on Galaxy S2! - This shows you how to backup/restore ROMs on your Galaxy S2. It’s highly recommended you do at least one backup after rooting and before installing any new ROMs.
- How to Backup/Restore Apps on Galaxy S2! - This shows you how to backup/restore apps on your Galaxy S2. It’s highly recommended you do at least one backup of all your apps after rooting and before installing any new ROMs so you can restore your apps back easily whenever needed.
- How to Install Flash Player on ICS or Jelly Bean! – Need flash player? Just do this!
- How to Get Rid of Yellow Triangle with Triangle Away app! - Want to reset your binary counter? Get rid of yellow triangle at boot? See this.
- How to Disassemble/assemble Galaxy S2! - Need to fix hardware on your Galaxy S2? See how to disassemble and re-assemble your phone here.
Don't have a car mount for your phone yet? Make your driving safer, check out Gel-Suction Car Mount, I highly recommended and mounts on any surface!
Need a new micro-SD card? Check out Fastest MicroSD Card Shootout, make sure to get a good micro-SD card!
HighOnAndroid Google+ Community <--- If you like this post, please join HighOnAndroid Google+ Community Here, thx!
GalaxyS2Root Facebook Page <--- If you like this post, please Like Our Facebook Page Here, thx!Need Help? Follow/add me on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
Want to stay updated on latest Galaxy S2 Root news?
Sign up for our Galaxy S2 Root Newsletter here so you don't miss a single tip and get personal help via e-mail! Galaxy S2 Reference
You will need a rooted Galaxy S2 to install all ROM/kernels.
NOTE: PLEASE ONLY INSTALL ROMS INTENDED FOR YOUR VERSION OF Galaxy S2! Otherwise you WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE and I will not be responsible!
First time to rooting and custom ROMs?
Please see our FAQ for your Galaxy S2 model FIRST!!!:
Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 FAQ
Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 (AT&T) FAQ
Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 (T-mobile) FAQ
Galaxy S2 SPH-D710 (Sprint) FAQ
Galaxy S2 ROMs
Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 ROMs
Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 AT&T ROMs
Galaxy S2 SGH-T9989 T-Mobile ROMs
Galaxy S2 SPH-D710 Sprint ROMs