This is T-Mobile Galaxy S2 FAQ that will help you root your phone, backup/install ROMs, backup/install apps, and more.
If you don’t know what rooting means, please watch this video first:
Don’t know what is a custom ROM? See What is An Android Custom ROM.
- How to Root T-Mobile Galaxy S2 on Jelly Bean, ICS or Gingerbread! – This is the new root method, works on all T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989.
How to Root T-Mobile Galaxy S2!– You will need to root your Galaxy S2 before trying to install new ROMs.
- How to Unroot T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean – This will get you on stock Jelly Bean.
- How to Unroot T-Mobile Galaxy S2 ICS! – This will get you back to stock ICS.
- How to UnRoot T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Gingerbread! – If you ever need to return your phone to T-Mobile perhaps for warranty, here’s how to unroot!
- How to Get Free Wifi Tether on T-Mobile Galaxy S2 (ICS)! – This shows you how to get free wifi tethering on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 without paying for it on ICS.
- How to Get Free Wifi Tether on T-Mobile Galaxy S2 (Gingerbread)! – This shows you how to get free wifi tethering on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 without paying for it on Gingerbread.
- How to Install New ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S2! – This shows you how to use ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) to install new ROM on your Galaxy S2! Please make sure to upgrade your CWM when installing Android 4.4 KitKat ROMs FIRST!
- How to Backup/Restore T-Mobile ROM on Galaxy S2! – This shows you how to backup/restore ROMs on your Galaxy S2. It’s highly recommended you do at least one backup after rooting and before installing any new ROMs.
- How to Backup/Restore Apps on Galaxy S2! – This shows you how to backup/restore apps on your Galaxy S2. It’s highly recommended you do at least one backup of all your apps after rooting and before installing any new ROMs so you can restore your apps back easily whenever needed.
- How to Install Flash Player on ICS or Jelly Bean! – Need flash player? Just do this!
- How to Get Rid of Yellow Triangle with Triangle Away app! – Want to reset your binary counter? Get rid of yellow triangle at boot? See this.
- How to Disassemble/assemble Galaxy S2! – Need to fix hardware on your Galaxy S2? See how to disassemble and re-assemble your phone here.