For this week’s T-Mobile Galaxy S2 ROM of the Week, check out the latest Evervolv ROM.
Based on latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Evervolv ROM brings you the best in class for stability and speed without sacrificing battery life.
If stability, performance, and battery life is important to you, this is the ROM for you.
Evervolv ROM also ships with customization options for your interface, lockscreen, status bar, and some more. It’s not as feature-packed as some of the other AOSP ROMs out there but then again, I find this ROM more stable and faster than most AOSP ROMs out right now so definitely dip into Evervolv this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download Android 4.4.4 Micro Gapps (DO NOT USE STOCK REGULAR GAPPS!!!)
IF YOU HAVE CWM RECOVERY OLDER THAN VERSION 188.8.131.52, UPGRADE your CWM Recovery to latest version by downloading the zip and installing with your CWM recovery OTHERWISE ROM WILL NOT INSTALL!
Download and install CWM Recovery 184.108.40.206 for KitKat custom ROMs (ONLY FOR SGH-T989!!!)
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop, reboot into recovery, go to Mounts & Storage for CWM, format/wipe /system, then re-install ROM.)
- Want latest Android 5.0 Lollipop Keyboard? See How to Install Lollipop Keyboard!
- Want a height-adjustable keyboard? Check out How to Install LG G3 Keyboard!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.
Q: My screen is fuzzy!
A: Go to Settings->Developer options and check “Disable HW overlays” is OFF.