For those of you looking to try out the new OnePlus One smartphone, did you know you can install CM11 ROM and our HighOnAndroid OnePlus One conversion kit on your Galaxy S2?
This combination essentially turns your Galaxy S2 into OnePlus One, you will get nearly all of OnePlus One software features like OnePlus One lockscreen, Hexo theme, OnePlus One camera, Voice Recording app, and Screencast app (allows you to record voice while recording screen but having some trouble getting working on SGH-T989, works fine on GT-i9100 and SGH-i777).
For GT-i9100 and SGH-i777 users, you will benefit from having a stable CM11 ROM Snapshot “M9”, which is very stable and fast. (Everything should be working flawless out of the box.)
For T-Mobile SGH-T989 users, you won’t be able to get a stable Snapshot version (as CyanogenMod team has stopped releasing snapshots) but you can still get pretty good performance with unofficial version.
Overall, this is a fun way to spend your week(end) or free time and try out what’s on the OnePlus One so definitely give this combo a go this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download Shift Kernel for SGH-i777 (You will need this to fix the buttons for AT&T S2 users!!!)
Download Android 4.4.4 Gapps [Use Micro]
For installation, please follow How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat ROM on Galaxy S2!
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, install Conversion Kit, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
For SGH-i777 users, make sure you also install Shift kernel after install ROM and Gapps!!!
First time installing a custom ROM? See How to Install Custom ROM on Galaxy S3!
Credits – CyanogenMOD for awesome CM11 ROM! The HighOnAndroid OnePlus One Conversion kit also works on any Android smartphone or tablet running CM11 ROM, see How to Convert your Android Smartphone into OnePlus One!
- Want latest Android L Preview Keyboard? See How to Install Android L Preview Keyboard on rooted Android!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.
Q: How can I thank you for your tutorial?
A: I don’t take donations but if you could PLEASE subscribe to my Zedomax YouTube channel, that would help me greatly and thank you!