Here’s a quick update on the best Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM for your Galaxy S2 GT-i9100.
For this week, check out the Hazy ROM by XDA user sooti, it’s an Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM with almost everything working out of the box except Netflix.
You will find everything including data, WiFi, bluetooth, camera, GPS, camcorder (1080P video recording, it actually comes with KitKat camera), and a bit more customization than CM12.
Netflix is still on-going work in progress and many Lollipop ROMs don’t support it but if you don’t use it then I do certainly recommend Hazy ROM as daily driver.
Other than that, you will get great performance and fair battery life out of Hazy ROM. Also, I did notice the battery stats being off at some times so use a battery calibrating app to fix this issue.
Overall, Hazy ROM isn’t perfect but it’s going to give you the best Lollipop experience on the GT-i9100 (as of this post) so definitely give it a test drive this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download Android 5.0 Lollipop Gapps (Get the pico version!!!)
For installation, please follow How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat ROM on Galaxy S2!
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, install SuperSU and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop, reboot into recovery, go to Advanced Wipe for TWRP or Mounts & Storage for CWM, format/wipe /system, then re-install ROM.)
Credits – XDA <— Please donate to the developer of this ROM or hit Thanks button on XDA if you like it, thx!
- Want a height-adjustable keyboard? Check out How to Install LG G3 Keyboard!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.