For this week’s Galaxy S2 ROM of the Week, check out PACMan ROM with Android 4.4.4 KitKat!
Based on latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat CM11, PACMan ROM adds plenty of customization options on top of CM11 including Active Display, PIE Controls, HALO floating notifications, Heads Up Notications, Gesture Anywhere, custom animations, App Bar, and lots more.
If you like CM11 ROM but feel that you want to really jazz up your Galaxy S2 with customization/tweaks, definitely PACMan is a great ROM for that. Many other AOSP ROMs have similar features but are not based on CM11 ROM while PACMan ROM is.
So, if you are in town for a new ROM this week(end), give the latest PACMan ROM a test drive and do let me know what you think!
Download Android 4.4.4 Gapps (Grab micro)
Download Shift kernel for SGH-i777 (You need to install this kernel ONLY if you have SGH-i777)
For installation, please follow How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat ROM on Galaxy S2!
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop, reboot into recovery, go to Advanced Wipe for TWRP or Mounts & Storage for CWM, format/wipe /system, then re-install ROM.)
For SGH-i777 users, make sure you also install Shift kernel after install ROM and Gapps!!!
- Want latest Android 5.0 Lollipop Keyboard? See How to Install Lollipop Keyboard!
- Want a height-adjustable keyboard? Check out How to Install LG G3 Keyboard!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.