Looking for a good, stable Lollipop ROM for your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989?
Well, I’ve got good news for new, the latest CM12 ROM by XDA user SultanXDA is super stable, also giving you some nice overclocking boost at 1.836Ghz (It can actually go higher but I recommend 1.836Ghz for stable performance.).
This is the first Lollipop ROM I have seen for the T-Mobile S2 that has everything working out of the box including data, WiFi, bluetooth, camera, and video recording. It’s definitely the way to go if you want to run your phone on the latest Lollipop.
The only thing I found not working (or couldn’t test it out as Netflix was hanging) was Netflix but I am not sure if it’s the ROM or the Netflix servers. (Perhaps you can test it out for me, thanks!)
Overall, this particular build of CM12 ROM is really fast and going to revamp your old T-Mobile S2 into a new phone with super-speed abilities. This is another great demonstration of how Android OS is far greater than other mobile operating systems, new versions make old phones run faster.
So, definitely give it a twhirl this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download CM12 ROM for T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 (this is the version I used, for latest, you can check here, I put the version I used since sometimes new versions can contain bugs that I did not see.)
Download Android 5.0 Lollipop Gapps (Do not use KitKat Gapps, will not work!) (grab the pico version!!!)
IF YOU HAVE CWM RECOVERY OLDER THAN VERSION 18.104.22.168, UPGRADE your CWM Recovery to latest version by downloading the zip and installing with your CWM recovery OTHERWISE ROM WILL NOT INSTALL!
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop, reboot into recovery, go to Advanced Wipe for TWRP or Mounts & Storage for CWM, format/wipe /system, then re-install ROM.)
Credits – XDA <— Please donate to the developer of this ROM or hit Thanks button on XDA if you like it, thx!
Need a new battery? Check out T-Mobile Galaxy S2 batteries on Amazon here.
- Want a height-adjustable keyboard? Check out How to Install LG G3 Keyboard!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.